2017 CanoeKids / ELCC Registration | High Performance Program Outline | 2015 Club Coach Development Camp
This workshop has been designed for the canoe coach who is working with children to introduce the basic skills of sprint canoeing —the CanoeKids Coach – (“initiation” in the model). The goals of this workshop are to help prepare you to do some of the things that will be required of you as a coach. We will focus on the following:
· Expressing your coaching philosophy – Why do you coach?
· Organizing pre-designed activities into a practice session
· Practice coaching Canoe Kids activities.
· Understanding Canoe Kids technique and how to teach it.
· Experiencing and practice teaching Canoe Kids technique.
· Identifying your many tasks as a Canoe Kids coach
· Knowing what your legal liabilities are as a Canoe Kids coach in your province
· Considering how to act when faced with an ethical situation.
The course usually runs about 10 hours, and following your on-line 'Making Ethical Decisions' Evaluation (Introduction Course), you are certified as a CanoeKids Coach. Cost is $120 ($100 course fee+ $20 Databaase admin Fee).
Website Design Halifax: Immediac